It is the right of every child in the world to receive care from their parents. Unfortunately, there are those who suffer from abuse, abandonment, diseases and death. Motherless babies homes and orphanages were setup to help these abandoned children get the much needed support from the public through financial, moral and social support. With these, these disadvantaged children are able to get back into the society with the rehabilitation and reformation provided by these adoption centres.
There are many registered Orphanage homes in Nigeria where motherless babies are housed. If you want to make any charitable donations to these motherless babies homes in Lagos state, then we have outlined the addresses of these orphanage homes located in Lagos for you to visit to carry out any kind humanitarian activity for these less privileged children.
FULL LIST OF ORPHANAGES IN LAGOS STATE
Below is a comprehensive list of all registered motherless babies/orphanage homes located in Lagos State with their contact details.
LITTLE SAINTS ORPHANAGE
This is one of the most popular Orphanage homes in Lagos and the first non-governmental indigenous orphanage approved by the Lagos state government for abused orphans, motherless babies and abandoned children. Established in 1994, this centre has housed hundreds of displaced children, providing shelter and other programmes to the benefit of these abandoned children.
The nannies present at Little Saints Orphanage are warm hearted ensuring that these children and babies are rehabilitated under the most conducive conditions with unconditional love, care and support. This rehabilitation centre also provides quality educational investment to the children in its care. In fact, a quite number of the children from this orphanage home are being trained in various universities.
Aside being a registered orphanage home for motherless babies, Little Saints Orphanage is also an adoption centre where babies are reintegrated into society through adoption by loving families. The procedures of adoption from this centre has been made easier by the Lagos State Government. To contact them, call them at or visit their address at Strong Tower House, 6b, D’alberto Road, Palmgrove Estate.
HOUSE OF MERCY CHILDREN’S HOME
This is another popular motherless babies home located in Egbeda, Lagos state. It was founded in 2006 with a mission to ensure the protection of children through the distribution of free meals, providing quality education through sponsorship in schools, empowerment of these children through training of skill based projects and family preservation through adoption.
House of mercy children’s home also meet the needs of these homeless children in Lagos by even building homes for homeless girls and boys, equipping the building with insecticide-treated nets to ward off diseases like malaria from these needy and vulnerable children. If you want to make a donation of charity to this orphanage home, you can reach out to them at their address which is located at No. 44 Prince Abiodun Adebambo street, off Orelope street, Egbeda/Isheri road, Egbeda, Lagos. You can also call their phone number at +234-802 249 9177, +234-803 722 3417.
HEART OF GOLD CHILDREN’S HOSPICE
Hearts of Gold Children’s Hospice is a residential centre for disabled and orphaned children from ages 1 to 10 in Lagos. Founded in 1990 by Mrs Theresa Omolaja Adedoyin, this orphanage home caters and supports disadvantaged children by providing quality services and expert palliative care to them. Hearts of Gold services are free of charge because it is a non-profit organization that relies on the goodwill of the public in making sure that these special children are given the best care as possible. This centre is dependent on the charity of individuals, organizations and big corporate bodies for both its revenue and other capital projects.
The serene and relaxing environment coupled with the excellent facilities help these children receive qualitative services. The founder believes that every child deserve respect, unconditional love and care, whether able or disabled. Hearts of Gold Children Hospice is the first respite care facility in Nigeria. To donate willfully to this orphanage home in Lagos, you can locate them at their address at No. 75, Alhaji Masha Road, Onilegogoro Bus Stop, Surulere, Lagos. You can also call their phone numbers: +234 803 318 4840, +234 805 540 1244.
LIVING FOUNTAIN ORPHANAGE
This orphanage home was established by the family of Dr. Raymond and Lady Betty Obieri in 2007 to provide the necessary support, shelter, clothing, care and a bright future for the motherless, abandoned, underprivileged and the poorest children not only in Lagos, but worldwide. Living fountain home is also a non-governmental, non-profit organization overseen by a board of dedicated members involved in various capacities to ensure that the home is run properly.
To donate or contribute your quota to these helpless children or support the efforts of this motherless babies home in Victoria Island, contact Living Fountain Orphanage at Plot 22, Yusuf Abiodun Way, Oniru, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. Their phone numbers include +234-906-000-7224 and +234-808-994-9696.
SOS CHILDREN HOME
This registered orphanage home is located at Isolo and is a humanitarian centre that uses various programmes to ensure that motherless and orphaned children get the best care and education. SOS has various sponsors that trains children also.
LOVE HOME ORPHANAGE
This orphanage home in Magodo, Lagos was founded by Nike Adeyemi under the Real Woman Foundation. It is her dream to ensure that the girl child has a voice in society. The orphanage offers its helping hand by catering for abused and abandoned children. It also enable these orphaned children acquire quality education before reintegrating them into society via adoption.
If you are moved to visit these children to offer your financial support or any other charitable gestures towards these displaced children, you can visit them at their address at No. 7, Jubilee Road, off CMD Road, Magodo, Shangisha, Lagos. Their phone number is + 234 8037178963.
Other registered orphanage homes in Lagos and their addresses include:
- Arrows of God Orphanage: 4, Joyce Balogun Street, Oke Ira-Nla, Ajah, Lagos.
- Bales of Mercy Orphanage Home: 14, Ajayi Street off Jimoh Oladehinde Bus-stop, Ifako-Gbagada.
- Bola Mofo Zion Shelter: 22, Nelson Cole Avenue Iju-Agege.
- Centre For Destitutes’ Empowerment: 8, Makanjuola Close, Idimu, Lagos State.
- Children Centre: 11/13, Ojerinde Street, Behind Luth, Idi-Araba, Lagos.
- Citadel Of Grace Mission: 3, Moses Edike Street, Off Omo Ariyo Street, Olowo Ila Bus Stop, Lasu-Igando Road, Igando, Lagos.
- Compassionate Orphanage: 6, Ijaiye Street, Greenland Estate, Idowu Egba Bus Stop, Isheri-Lasu Expressway, Igando, Lagos.
- Friends of Jesus Orphanage: 5-7, John Okoh Street, Off Unity Road, Boadore, Ajah, Lekki.
- Hearts Of Gold Children’s Hospice: Plot 75 Alhaji Masha Road Onilegogoro, Surulere Lagos State
- Hepzibah Homes: Ibereko, Badagry; RCCG (Tree Of Life), 78, Marine Road, Apapa.
- Heritage Homes Orphanage: 45, Faramobi Ajike Street, Anthony, Lagos.
- House of Mercy Children Home: 44 Adebambo Street, Off Orelope Street, Egbeda, Lagos
- Lagos State Motherless Babies’ Home: 1, Kenneth Agbakuru Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
- Little Angels’ Orphanage: 1A, M. A. Oke Str., Isheri-Iyana Iba Road, Opposite Diamond Estate, Isheri, Lagos State.
- Little Saints’ Orphanage: Strong Tower House, 6b, D’alberto Road, Palmgrove Estate.
- Living Fountain Orphanage: Plot 22, Oba Yusuf Abiola, Oniru, Victoria Island.
- Love Home Orphanage: 7b, Jubilee Road, Magodo GRA, Lagos.
- Missionaries of Charity (Mother Theresa): 117, Demurin Street, Alapere, Ketu.
- Motherless Babies’ Home: 1, Kenneth Agbakuru Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki.
- Nigerian Red Cross Society Motherless Babies’ Home: 2, Makoko Road, Adekunle, Yaba.
- Olive Blooms Orphanage: Dunmoye Street, Off Saliu Obodo Avenue, Oke Ira Nla, Ajah, Lekki.
- Peculiar Saints Orphanage: 1, Olatobire Turner Close, Seaside Estate, Badore Road, Ajah, Lekki.
- Precious Pearls Orphanage: 1b, Ramoni Owoyemi Str., Orelope, Egbeda, Lagos State.
- O.S Children’s Home:Isolo Road, Isolo, Lagos.
- Sought After Women And Children Foundation: Plot 3 Ronke Aiku Close, Addo Owode, Ajah, Lekki.
- Tunji Adebayo Motherless Babies’ Home: Tunji Adebayo Close, Fagba, Iju Road, Iju, Lagos.
- Vigilant Heart Orphanage Charitable Society: 7, Nicole Balogun, Igbo Efon, Off Lekki-Epe Expressway.
ADOPTION PROCESS IN LAGOS STATE
Adoption is the formal process of legally placing a child in the care of one or more parents that is not the biological ones. The birth parents’ parental rights are permanently removed via this process. The adoptive family then takes on complete legal custody of the kid as a result of the adoption. Afterward, the child acquires the same legal protections as a child who was born to the adoptive parents.
When a child is adopted, the parent and child enter into an official, binding bond. It makes it illegal for the adoptive parents to forsake the child. It also grants them the legal authority to make decisions that have a significant impact on the child’s future, such as the child’s religion, the school they will attend, and the methods of discipline they will employ.
Adoption typically involves a lot of paperwork. Similar to a parent-child relationship, it is a permanent agreement. However, for the majority of families, adoption ultimately stems from a love-filled desire to better their family and the future of the kid who joins it.
It is the Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Social Development’s Adoption Unit which is located at Block 18 of the Lagos State Secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja, that accepts applications from potential adopters.
COST OF ADOPTING A CHILD IN LAGOS
The government in Lagos state levies fees of roughly ₦80,000 to ₦100,000. It asserts that the charge is merely administrative and that the kids are not for sale.
3 CommentsAdd a Comment
Can they allow pregnant women to stay with at the age of 21years
Hello folashade contact me
Please I’m looking for one that existed around 2001, 2002 at iyana ipaja. I don’t have a name, so my search is limited