How to Check Original Drivers License in Nigeria (2024)
A national driver’s license is one prerequisite for being able to operate a vehicle on Nigerian roads. You will undoubtedly receive a legitimate driver’s license if you apply for one with the Federal Road Safety Commission. However, some people choose to obtain their license using intermediaries, which occasionally results in the issuance of a fake that is unlawful to use. We’ll go through a few ways to verify the validity of your driver’s license in this article.
HOW TO CHECK ORIGINAL DRIVERS LICENSE IN NIGERIA
The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) has made it simple to use the FRSC verification online platform to confirm the validity of your national drivers license or another document. In addition, you can start a verification application for your driver’s license regardless of whether you’re in Nigeria or perhaps another country.
The following documents will be required, so have them on side before you start the verification process.
An image or pdf of a letter requesting a driver’s license as identification. This could be a national identity card, voter’s card, or a passport from another country.
Take these procedures to confirm the legitimacy of your international driver’s license:
- The first step is to open your computer browser and ensure its internet enabled.
- Visit www.ndlverification.frsc.gov.ng/signup to register. To set up a profile. FRSC NDLV Portal [email protected] will send you an email to check your account if you have already registered. To confirm your registration, simply click the given link.
- Log into the NDLV portal you just created after the confirmation process has been successful.
- Visit your Dashboard once you’ve signed in to your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your Dashboard where it says “Create a new verification request.”
- Tap the “New request” button after that to start entering the necessary information.
- After that, you must upload both the front and back of your driver’s license.
- Next, submit a letter explaining why you need to have your driver’s license verified.
- Then, select the government-issued identification document you possess by clicking on “Applicant’s evidence of identification.”
- Next, upload the identity document.
- Then, choose “Drivers License Verification” from the drop-down menu under “Request type” by clicking on it.
- Next, select “Nigeria” from the drop-down menu by clicking on “Receiving Country.”
- Next, provide the email address for the recipient.
- Include the receiving address’s phone number as well.
- The next and concluding section is ‘Shipping and Payment’
- Specify the shipping address where you want your verified request to be delivered by clicking on “Shipping Details.” Then, click “Delivery Option” to choose the delivery option you desire (Courier Service, Pickup at FRSC RSHQ, or Digital Copy)
- Fill out the “Payment Details” field after that.
- Click the “Save & Proceed to Pay” button to send the verification request.
HOW LONG DOES THE VERIFICATION PROCESS TAKE?
You will have to wait until receiving your validated document after successfully submitting your verification request on the FRSC NDLV site. It usually takes 3 to 10 working days to complete an internal check at the FRSC headquarters. Depending on where you want it shipped to, it can take a bit longer to reach you.
HOW TO TRACK THE VERIFICATION PROCESS ON YOUR FRSC NDLV PORTAL DASHBOARD
A progress report link on your dashboard allows you to keep track of the verification of your driver’s license. This will let you know exactly where the verification of your driver’s license is in the process. You may monitor the verification process on your dashboard, and you’ll also get mail notifications at each step of the way.
HOW TO USE THE NIGERIA DRIVERS LICENCE WEBSITE TO CHECK AN ORIGINAL DRIVER’S LICENSE
- You can determine whether your driver’s license is authentic or not by using the website https://nigeriadriverslicence.org. Use the instructions below to use this website to verify the validity of your driver’s license:
- Visit https://nigeriadriverslicence.org/ as a starting point.
- Select “DL Application”
- Select “Reissue of Driver’s License” or, if your driver’s license has already expired, “Renewal of Driver’s License” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the space provided with your driver’s license number and birthdate.
- Click the search icon.
- Click “OK” to validate your driver’s number information.
Your information should appear on the screen if your driver’s license is legitimate.
Nothing would show up on your screen in the event that your driver’s license is fraudulent.
HOW TO VERIFY AN ORIGINAL DRIVER’S LICENSE VIA TEXT
You can alternatively text NDL Status + your license number to 33811 to check the validity of your driver’s license. You’ll get an SMS informing you if your driver’s license is legitimate.
HOW TO PHYSICALLY EXAMINE A DRIVER’S LICENSE TO VERIFY ITS ORIGINALITY
You can depend on the security features of a valid national driver’s license in addition to having your national driver’s license authenticated through the FRSC NDLV site. These characteristics set originals apart from copies.
The characteristics of the national driver’s license to watch out for are listed below:
- Laser Perforation: Holding a genuine national driver’s license in front of a light will reveal microscopic holes on the front and back of the document.
- Ghost Portrait: The ghost portrait is another element that helps to verify a national driver’s license’s authenticity. This is essentially a scaled-down reproduction of the photo that originally appeared on the license.
- Microprinting: A magnifying glass will allow you to read the tiny lettering on an original national driver’s license, which may just look like a solid line. This feature wouldn’t be present on a fraudulent driver’s license.
- Guilloche Security Design
- Variable Micro Script
- Security Indica visible with indica viewer
- Overlapping Data
- Altered Font
- Split Fountain Printing
It is prohibited to carry about a phony driver’s license. Several Nigerians have struggled with phony license plates and the ones they obtained through proxies. Some Nigerians unwittingly receive false driver’s licenses because of corruption in some government parastatals, which gets them into problems. We created this piece to inform you of how to check an original driver’s license in the country for that reason.