This post is on the full list of current Commissioners in Lagos State appointed by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and special advisers. It will also list their names and offices.
Lagos is among the 36 states and capital in Nigeria located in the South-western geopolitical zone of the country. Recently, oil was discovered in Lagos. The current Governor of Lagos is His Excellency, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu who succeeded Akinwunmi Ambode after one term in office.
Lagos is an economical base and stronghold of Nigeria and was the former capital of Nigeria. One thing peculiar about Lagos State is that it can survive on its own without the help of the Federal Government. As you might have noticed, Lagos state is a business friendly state in Nigeria. No wonder different companies in Nigeria have their head-offices situated in Lagos state.
See below for members that makes up Sanwo-olu’s cabinet.
Lagos state Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu appointed 21 Commissioners and 14 special advisers that made up his cabinet in March 2023. Their names, roles and offices are given below
List of Names of all Commissioners in Lagos State Presently & Offices
- Mr. Rabiu Olowo Onaolapo = Commissioner for Finance
- Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo = Commissioner for Education
- Prof. Akin Abayomi = Commissioner for Health
- Dr. Idris Salako = Commissioner for Fiscal Planning and Urban Development
- Mr. Tunji Bello = Commissioner for Water Resources and Environment
- Mr. Gbenga Omotoso = Commissioner for Information and Strategy
- Mrs. Bolaji Dada = Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation
- Mr. Lere Odusote = Commissioner Energy and Natural Resources
- Dr. Frederic Oladeinde = Commissioner for Transportation
- Mr. Gbolahan Lawal = Commissioner for Agriculture
- Moruf Akinderu Fatai = Commissioner for Housing
- Mr. Moyo Onigbanjo (SAN) = Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice
- Mr. Hakeem Fahm = Commissioner for Science and Technology
- Mrs. Ajibola Ponnle = Commissioner for Ministry Establishment, Training and Pension
- Engr. Aramide Adeyoye = Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure
- Mr. Segun Dawodu = Commissioner for Youth and Social Development
- Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf = Commissioner for Home Affairs
- Mrs. Yetunde Arobieke = Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs
- Mrs. Lola Akande = Commissioner for Commerce and Industry
- Mrs. Olufunke Adebolu = Commissioner for Tourism Arts and Culture
- Mr. Sam Egube = Commissioner for Economy Planning and Budget.
List of all Special Advisers to the Lagos State Government
- Dr. Wale Ahmed = Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations.
- Ms Ruth Bisola Olusanya = Special Adviser, Ministry of Agriculture.
- Princess Aderemi Adebowale = Special Adviser of the Office of Civic Engagement.
- Mr. Afolabi Ayantayo = Special Adviser on Political and Legislative Affairs.
- Mrs. Toke Benson-Awoyinka = Special Adviser, Ministry of Housing.
- Joe Igbokwe = Special Adviser for Drainage and Water Resources.
- Tubosun Alake = Special Adviser for Innovation and Technology.
- Architect Kabiru Ahmed Abdullahi = Special Adviser, Urban Development.
- Anofi Olanrewaju Elegushi = Special Adviser, Central Business Districts.
- Bonu Solomon Saanu = Special Adviser, Arts and Culture.
- Oluwatoyin Fayinka = Special Adviser, Ministry of Transportation.
- Oladele Ajayi = Special Adviser on Commerce and Industry.
- Tokunbo Wahab = Special Adviser, Ministry of Education.
- Solape Hammond = Special Adviser on Sustainable Development Goals.
Those are the list of Lagos state commissioners and special advisers presently in Governor Ambode’s cabinet
Update March, 2023: Newly appointed Lagos state Commissioners List In a recent report by Punchng, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State reshuffled his cabinet. He dropped three commissioners and appointed five new ones. This was contained in a press release by the current Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello, in a statement that confirmed that the three commissioners who were sacked include: Mrs. Adebimpe Akinsola, Mr. Femi Odubiyi, and Mr. Anifowoshe Abiola. Messrs Hakeem Fahm, Ladi Lawanson, Segun Banjo, Olayinka Oladunjoye and Hakeem Sulaiman were newly appointed to head Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Communities and Communications respectively. The governor also moved Mr. Rotimi Ogunleye from Commerce and Industry to Physical Planning and Urban Development; Mr. Steve Ayorinde from Ministry of Information and Strategy to Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan from Communities and Communication to Ministry of Information and Strategy; Mr. Babatunde Durosinmi Etti from Ministry of Wealth Creation to Ministry of the Environment; Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf from Ministry of Youth and Social Development to Ministry of Wealth Creation; Mr. Agboola Dabiri from Central Business District to Ministry of Youth and Social Development. Others include Dr. Samuel Adejare from Ministry of the Environment to Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development; Engr. Ade Akinsanya from Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development to Ministry of Works and Infrastructure. The statement added that Mr. Benjamin Olabinjo has been moved from Special Adviser Commerce and Industry to become Special Adviser Civic Engagement, while Mr. Kehinde Joseph moved from Special Adviser Civic Engagement to become Special Adviser Housing. Mr. Deji Tinubu, Special Adviser Sports has been redeployed as Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce and Industry and Mr. Anofiu Elegushi moves from Special Adviser Transport to become Special Adviser, Central Business District. The new Commissioners are expected to be cleared by the State House of Assembly while the other redeployment and postings take immediate effect. According to the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Bello, the new appointments and redeployments are intended to create a new vigour and vitality for service delivery which has been the hallmark of the Governor Ambode administration. Currently, the commissioner of education in Lagos state is Dr. Oluranti Idiat Adebule, she doubles as the Deputy governor of the state.
March 2023: Governor Sanwo-Olu cabinet members
Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has sworn in new principal officials making up six permanent secretaries to his cabinet for now.
The principal officers in his cabinet and their positions include:
- Mrs Folashade Jaji – Secretary to the State Government
- Mr Tayo Ayinde – Chief of Staff
- Mr Gboyega Soyannwo – Deputy Chief of Staff
- Mr Gboyega Akosile – Deputy Chief Press Secretary
The new permanent secretaries are
- Dr Eniayewu Benjamin
- Erinle Olumide
- Oludara Okelola
- Wasiu Akeusola
- Yewande Falugba
- Mustapha Osiefa.
We would update this list as more names are added by the Governor.
Below is the 38 man list of Sanwo-Olu’s nominees for commissioner portfolios.
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu, unveiled the list of his commissioner designates on Sunday, March 14, 2023.
The list contained the names of 38 nominees.
The nominees will be screened and vetted by the Lagos State House of Assembly before their formal appointments.
The nominees for commissioners in Lagos State are as follows:
- Mr. Rabiu Onaolapo
- Folashade Adefisayo
- Prof. Akin Abayomi
- Dr. Idris Salako
- Mr. Tunji Bello
- Mr. Gbenga Omotoso
- Mrs. Toke Benson-Awoyinka
- Mrs. Bolaji Dada
- Mr. Lere Odusote
- Dr. Frederic Oladeinde
- Mr. Gbolahan Lawal
- Ms. Adekemi Ajayi
- Mr. Femi George
- Dr. Wale Ahmed
- Mr. Moyo Onigbajo (SAN)
- Mr. Hakeem Fahm
- Mrs. Ajibola Ponnle
- Engr. Aramide Adeyoye
- Mr. Segun Dawodu
- Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf
- Mr. Sam Egube
- Ms. Ruth Olusanya
- Princess Aderemi Adebowale
- Mr. Tunbosun Alake
- Mr. Afolabi Ayantayo
- Mr. Oladele Ajayi
- Mr. Oluwatoyin Fayinka
- Mrs. Yetunde Arobieke
- Mr. Olanrewaju Sanusi
- Mr. Joe Igbokwe
- Mr. Bonu Solomon Saanu
- Arc. Kabiru Ahmed
- Mrs. Lola Akande
- Prince Anofi Olanrewaju Elegushi
- Mrs. Solape Hammond
- Mr. Moruf Akinderu Fatai
- Mrs. Shulamite Olufunke Adebolu
- Mr. Tokunbo Wahab
As soon as they receive their portfolios, we would attach it to their names.