How To Protect Your Facebook Account From Hackers in Nigeria
The fear of hackers is one of the biggest issues that Facebook users deal with on a daily basis. Every day, unknowing users lose accounts they have had for years due to hackers who have gained access to the accounts and taken control of them by altering the password and other crucial details. The first owners of these accounts are then unable to access their accounts and are left with anguish and regret. Unfortunately, it won’t stop there.
If you’re unlucky, the hackers will use your account to send false messages to people you know, who might not realize they weren’t from you, particularly if the hacker didn’t change the account’s original owner’s identity to his own. We are confident that the terrifying experience of having a stranger take control of your account and remove all the crucial data you have accumulated over the years is not something you want to experience.
This article explains how to safeguard your Facebook account from hackers who have recently started stealing people’s Facebook accounts. We’ll demonstrate how to put up security measures to keep them from accessing your account.
HOW TO SECURE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT FROM HACKERS
Here are two powerful security measures you should use to guard against account hacking.
No matter how skilled a hacker believes he is, there are various ways you may encrypt your Facebook account so that they cannot access it. These safety precautions and guidelines have been tried and it works. Therefore, we advise you to use them to safeguard your account.
METHOD 1: SELECT A STRONG PASSWORD
We identified weak passwords as one of the factors that make accounts vulnerable to hacking. Select a strong password at all times. You can accomplish this by combining words, numbers, and characters. Your password won’t be easy to figure out this way. For example, use passwords like “evenifyoutry19187#”, “Nigeriagofallyourhand345*”.
METHOD 2: USE THE TWO-STEP AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM ON FACEBOOK
The most effective technique to safeguard your account from hackers is to set up 2-step authentication. Your phone is used as the second factor of authentication to secure your Facebook account. Apply the following steps to set it up:
- Open the Facebook app, then tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and then select “Settings”.
- Keep an eye out for “Password & Security” and select it.
- Click on “Two-Factor Authentication”.
- Enter the mobile number you want us to use to send your security code.
- Your phone will then receive a short code. Enter it in the corresponding field.
- As soon as this is verified, your account will be secure from hackers.
As soon as someone attempts to access your Facebook account from anywhere in the world, a code will be sent to your phone, but because you own the phone number, nobody else will be able to see it. Don’t reveal anything if they call and ask for it.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT SAFE
Here are some tips to help you keep your Facebook account safe:
- Strong Password: Use a strong and unique password that combines uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using easily guessable information like your name, birthday, or “password123”.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Turn on two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security. This usually involves receiving a code on your phone or email that you need to enter along with your password when logging in.
- Beware of Phishing: Be cautious of emails or messages asking for your Facebook login details. Always verify the source before clicking on links or providing any personal information.
- Use Trusted Devices and Browsers: Avoid logging into your Facebook account on public computers or unfamiliar devices. Stick to devices and browsers you trust.
- Check Active Sessions: Regularly review the list of active sessions in your Facebook settings. Log out from any devices or locations you don’t recognize.
- Secure Email Account: Since your email is often tied to your Facebook account, ensure your email account is secure with a strong password and 2FA.
- Privacy Settings: Adjust your privacy settings to control who can see your posts, friend requests, and personal information. Review and customize these settings according to your preferences.
- Friend Requests: Be cautious when accepting friend requests from people you don’t know. Scammers might create fake profiles to gather information.
- Be Mindful of What You Share: Think twice before posting personal information, travel plans, or other sensitive details that could be used maliciously.
- Regularly Update Password: Change your Facebook password periodically to reduce the risk of unauthorized access.
- Secure your Phone: If you have the Facebook app on your phone, use a lock screen or biometric authentication to prevent unauthorized access to your account through the app.
- Log Out from Public Computers: If you’ve logged into Facebook on a public computer, ensure you log out properly before leaving.
- Avoid Third-Party Apps: Be cautious about giving third-party apps access to your Facebook account. Review and revoke permissions for apps you no longer use or trust.
- Report Suspicious Activity: If you notice any unusual activity on your account, such as unrecognized logins or posts, report it to Facebook immediately.
- Regularly Review Posts and Tags: Review posts and photos you’re tagged in, as well as the privacy settings associated with them. You can control who can see these posts on your timeline.
You can now configure Facebook to secure your account from hackers now that you know how to do it. Also, avoid login in your Facebook account in any public system or on another persons phone. Remember that no security measure is foolproof, but by following these tips and methods, you can significantly reduce the risk of your Facebook account being compromised.