If you are financially buoyant and would love to travel to Spain, but do not know how to apply for a Spanish visa, this article will guide you on the procedure to get your Spain visa application in Nigeria easily.
Although, there are other types of visas to gain entry into Spain such as the medical, business and transit visas, we shall focus more on the visit visa which is a short term permit that gives you the privilege to visit Spain for a duration of 90 days.
Truth is, some people travel to Europe as tourists to view the various sites, go on a holiday or even travel to watch top European football teams such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia FC play. Luckily, these top soccer clubs are found inside Spain. The only problem is that not everyone can apply for Spain visit visa because of the purpose or reason for traveling to the country.
There are some stringent requirements you must fulfill to qualify you access into Spain. Some of such is that you are required to own a Nigerian passport, be financially capable, have the required travelling documents, be a law abiding citizen etc before you can get the Spanish visit visa before you travel.
Once you have all the required documents, you can now visit the Spanish Embassy in Nigeria or the Visa Application Centre, (VAC) and apply for you Spain visitor’s visa. Please note that the VAC is operated by VFS Global, a private agent approved by the Spanish government to handle any Spain visa application on its behalf.
The addresses of VFS Global located in Lagos and Abuja is:
- Manor House, plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos and
- 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria.
Below are the procedures to apply for Spain visa in Nigeria:
- Download and fill the visa application form HERE.
- Submit your visa application form at the VAC, between 8am and 2pm, Monday to Friday, together with your supporting documents and also pay for a visa processing fee plus the service fee charge at the GTBank teller counter at the VAC. Find a list of supporting documents below
- Valid passport of 6 months from the intended date of travel and three months after scheduled return from travel; with previous passport and two full blank pages to affix the visa.
- 3 colored copies of the data page of the passport.
- Completed and signed visa application
- Two 3.5cm x 4.5cm colored passport photographs that is not more than 1 month old and with a white background (passport photographs should be glued and not stapled to the application form).
- Colored photocopies of previous visas (Schengen, USA, UK, Canada, Japan, Australia), if any.
- For non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria, a residence permit endorsed on passport should be provided (not applicable if holding a bio-metric residence permit card). Both your passport and residence permit in Nigeria must be valid for at least three months beyond the returning date of your trip.
- Travel insurance that covers all Schengen countries, with a minimum coverage of €30.000, for Medical treatment; Emergency admission into hospital; and Repatriation
- Letter of invitation from the organizers, if you are attending a conference, seminar, workshop or a sporting event, stating (where possible) the name of the host organization, length of stay or other documents proving the purpose of the journey (like entry tickets and enrollments of programmes).
- Introductory letter from your employer OR introductory letter from your own company if you are self-employed. Letter should state days of leave granted.
- Letter from the school or university for professors, lecturers, instructors, teachers and students
- Pay slips for the past six months.
- Personal Statement of Account for the past six months AND that of your company, if you are being sponsored.
- General income generated by property, share certificates, bonds, and proof of ties to Nigeria (marriage), if any.
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay: hotel reservations, rental of holiday home, campus residence reservation or proof of private accommodation (invitation from the host).
- Flight ticket/reservation including return flight.
- If you are travelling with your spouse: Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate of the wife.
- Applicants below 18 years who are traveling unaccompanied by one or both parents must present their birth certificate as well as a sworn affidavit from the said parent/parents authorizing their trip. The affidavit must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja. While, children traveling with both parents will only need to submit their birth certificate.
Finally, additional pages inserted into passport won’t be accepted. Try also and follow the above steps to ensure a successful visa application. If you have any query or questions, please direct it to the Spanish embassy in Nigeria.
Incoming searches related to spain visa in nigeria
spanish embassy in nigeria visa application form
booking appointment spanish embassy nigeria
spain visa fee in nigeria
how much is spain visa fee
tourist visa to spain from nigeria
vfs spain visa fees
spanish embassy website
bls spain visa nigeria