After Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi did an excellent project defence on his time as Governor of Anambra State on Independence Day at The Platform #MakeNigeriaWork held at Covenant Christian Centre, Iganmu, Lagos, several Nigerians have been calling on him to contest the Presidency in 2019 with this funny meme on Facebook.
Meanwhile, this is a summary of what Peter Obi said on Independence Day
Governor Peter Obi quotes that set the internet on fire…
1. “To you young people, Take Back your Country…it is your future they are toying with”.
2. “I reduced my convoy to 5 vehicles and you cannot buy fuel unless I am in the car”.
3. “If I sleep in a hotel and have to pay N250k a night, I will be awake all night…feeling like I was robbed”.
4. “You know there are many big men in Anambra state, so when they want to see me, I say to them I will come to you instead”.
5. “We handed schools back to Churches and by 2013, we were number one in WAEC.”
6. “I beg you to participate more in politics, the society we help them abuse today will take its revenge tomorrow”.
7. “The only way out of recession is to spend for growth. You can only spend for growth either from savings or from borrowing. The question is: what are you borrowing for? Are you borrowing for consumption or for production? When you borrow for consumption, you are heading for disaster.”
8. “I had to stop the Presidential lodge in Anambra… A project awarded at 400million. I had to close down state house in Lagos and Abuja… Because I felt we don’t need it…. Even when other states had”.
9. “They said President Obasanjo is coming… I went to borrow the kind of cars they wanted… Instead of spending millions… From a neighboring state”.
10. “I requested Obasanjo to spend the nights in my lodge Since they said he must sleep over… I asked my wife to pack out of my bedroom… We went opposite to lodge in a hotel (name mentioned) for the week, we paid N30,000 instead of N100,000”.
11. “I used the 150million for 2 bullet proof cars to buy almost 50 Peugeot cars at 3 million each.. gave 17 to JUDGES and 18 to permanent Secretaries (because I discovered they did not have cars) and kept 10 for Government house… which I used as Governor… I did not use bullet proof cars as Governor.
12. “They said we should attend world Igbo Congress in U. S…. That the budget WAS cut from 40 to 32million…. I asked them why… That only one person should go and come and tell us what was discussed”.
13. “Instead of paying 30,000 for each security personnel (about 30) per night in Abuja, I told IG to give me Police whenever I’m in Abuja….I travel alone… People complained…. The 15 drivers lodged in Abuja state house…who come to airport to cause confusion, I asked to go, kept only 3. The others to go back to Awka or look for job… I asked the cook to go back to Awka instead of giving him 30,000 per plate.
14. “When Governor’s lodge and Government house was burnt before I came… With budget of 400million and 300 million, I repaired them for 42 million and 80million respectively. They wanted to impeach me that I did not spend by due process… Following the awarded Contracts and contractor…. I saw a table.. That my predecessor used, they said it’s old… I asked them to renovate it… That all I needed was a table to write as Governor…”
15. “So so so I was able to save money and made sure that ANAMBRA HAS THE BEST ROAD NETWORK THAN ANY OTHER STATE IN NIGERIA…..”
Should Peter Obi be Nigeria’s next President? Nigerians have your say.
Please note that Nigerian Infopedia is non-partisan and the thoughts of the original author are not necessarily the views of Nigerian Infopedia.