Ranks in the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
NSCDC is a para-military agency in Nigeria empowered by lay Act No. 2 of 2003 and amended by Act 6 of 4th March 2007. The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps was established to provide safety measures against any form of threat, attack or disaster against Nigeria and her citizens. They carry guns like other armed forces.
NSCDC Rank Structure just like any other ranks in the Nigerian Police, Army, Navy, Airforce and FRSC have an organized chain of command. The ranks in the NSCDC starts from the Assistant Cadre to the Commandant General.
Just as the Nigerian army have commissioned and non-commissioned officers, the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence has the Cadre and Superintendent Cadre.
Also be aware that the NSCDC new salary structure after the increase on minimum wage is also based on the level of your ranking if you want to be a civil defence officer.
Graduates are placed in level 8, HND holders are placed on level 7. Medical doctors are placed on level 12 while lawyers and those who have masters degree are placed on level 9.
If you are looking for information on how the Nigerian Civil Defence rank its officers, this post should be valuable to you.
Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Rank Structure
Note that the highest ranking officer in the Nigerian Civil Defence Corp is the Commandant General while the lowest ranking officer is the Assistant Cadre. Below is the hierarchical structure of ranks in the NSCDC from the lowest to the highest rank with their various levels below:
- Assistant Cadre- Level 3 to 5 (The lowest ranking officer in the NSCDC)
- Inspectorate Cadre- Level 6 to 12
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre II (ASC) Level 8
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre I (ASC)Level 9
- Deputy Superintendent Cadre (DSC) Level 10
- Superintendent Cadre (SC) Level 11
- Chief Superintendent Cadre (CSC) Level 12
- Assistant Commander (AC) Level 13
- Deputy Commander (DC) Level 14
- Chief Commander (CC) Level 15
- Assistant Commandant General (ACG) Level 16
- Deputy Commandant General (DCG) Level 17
- Commandant General CG (The highest rank in the NSCDC) Level 18
New Salary Structure of the NSCDC: How Much an Officer in the Civil defence is paid
The new full salary scale as salary level in NSCDC after this minimum wage increase depends on your rank and promotions.
As set up by the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS), the Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps salary structure as earlier said is dependent on the ranks and level of the personnel. Below is the salary structure of the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps per annum from highest rank to the lowest ranking officer:
- Assistant Commandant General: ₦2,272,288 – ₦2,464,56.
- Chief Commander: ₦1,759,921 – ₦1,966,281.
- Deputy Commander: ₦1,619,447 – ₦1,825,589.
- Assistant Commander: ₦1,225,584 – ₦1,405,449.
- Chief Superintendent Cadre II: ₦1,158,172 – ₦1,325,234.
- Superintendent Cadre II: ₦1,094,027 – From ₦1,252,038.
- Deputy Superintendent Cadre II: ₦1,012,562 – ₦1,143,539.
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre I: ₦939,310 – ₦1,056,416.
- Assistant Superintendent Cadre: ₦858,956 – ₦986,991.
- Inspectorate Cadre: ₦483,014 – ₦567,065.
- Assistant Inspectorate Cadre: ₦357,385 – ₦411,454.
- Assistant Cadre: ₦296,506 – ₦374,259.
As earlier said, they are structured just like the Nigerian police and the military. There is no special salary structure for graduates. Recruitment into NSCDC in Nigeria is competitive.
An officer with NSCDC on level 8 step 1 (Assistant Superintendent Cadre) yearly salary ranges from ₦939,310 – ₦1,056,416, while for Inspectorate Cadre on level 7 is around ₦483,014 – ₦567,065 per annum.
If you know other NSCDC new salary structure figures after the new minimum wage increase, please let us know using the comment section below.
Just recently in March 2018, President Buhari increased the Nigerian Police Salary Structure so as to encourage them in the fight against crime, kidnapping, armed robbery and other security challenges in the country.
We are yet to see whether this increment will affect the salary of civil defence corp officers too and other paramilitary agencies in the country especially now that the president has increased the minimum wage from N18,000 to N30,000.
Main Functions Of The Civil Defence Corps in Nigeria (NSCDC)
- They assist in maintaining peace and order, protecting lives and property among the civil population during emergencies.
- Aside supervising and monitoring activities of security companies, they also inspect training facilities of private guard companies to meet the standard set up for security purposes.
- Its the duty of the NSCDC to maintain 24-hour surveillance over oil pipes, infrastructures, and high risk sites for all levels of government (Federal, State & Local Government).
- They are vested with the power to search and seize suspected vandalized materials from any organization, suspected illegal dealers various sectors or any other public infrastructure.
- The Nigerian Civil Defence Corp can arrest, detain and investigate with or without a warrant any person who is reasonably suspected to have committed an offense under the criminal act in accordance with the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The corp is also vested with the power to monitor without bias the activities of trade associations and religious bodies.
- Providing warning signals to the civil population in terms of imminent threat or danger.
- Help to evacuate and provide shelter for civilian population from danger prone areas.
21 CommentsAdd a Comment
Comment: when are we going for screening
Comment:are nscdc pentionable??
Yes, they are
Comment:is this possible to apply for nscdc with result of environmental health?
it depends on whether your course is needed at that point in time
Comment: those it have garantor form
Yes it does
Comment:when are they shortlisting ?
Veterinary doctor are admitted with the rank of deputy superintendent cadre like there counterpart in the medical profession, equivalent to level 12 in the nscdc act, please is this correct sir?
Comment:is nscdc 2019/2020 recruitment shortlist out
Comment:it’s possible to apply for my NCE result
Comment: are we going to training or induction for this recruitment?
Pls, notify me when the NSCDC shortlist is out . thanks
are they permit to applied for admission to further education or knowledge will working with them?
Please, are all NSCDC officers meant to carry arms?
Haven’t been recruited into the NSCDC,I there any possibility that one can further his/her education
Especially de undergraduate with SSCE result
The list of shortlisted candidate is out… But I don’t see mine… Is the test for graduate all so?
Please inbox me I want to get the info well… I don’t understand that’s why am asking.. Guide me on these.
Nice one,we never see result for DBE wen is it coming out