The Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Body, usually termed NIMASA is a federal agency that supervises all operations occuring on the Nigerian coastline and waterways. They monitor and control all nautical activity, both domestic and international. Have you really pondered how much this organization pays its employees on a monthly or annual basis? This article goes through the NIMASA compensation structure and how much they pay its employees in depth information. In the meantime, we’ll take a gander at what the institution performs and what its purpose is.
NIMASA SALARY STRUCTURE (2023)
NIMASA is a good option if you want to work for a leading agency with good salary. Consolidated Research and Allied Institutes, CONRAISS Salary is the basis for their payment to employees. This means that the compensation system in the public service is entirely predicated on terms of experience and grade level.
The wage structure of NIMASA, particularly the salaries of different levels of workers, is detailed in the list below.
- Entry-level salary – The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency pays anywhere from ₦100,000 and ₦150,000 a month for its entry-level post. It basically means that employees at this level will be paid somewhere around ₦1.2 million and ₦1.8 million per year.
- Grade Level 7 – A monthly pay of ₦90,000 is paid to grade level 7 employees. This basically means that employees at this level will be paid one million Naira each year.
- Grade level 8 – The eighth grade of NIMASA employees are paid a monthly pay of ₦103,988. This simply means that employees at this level will be paid ₦1,247,854 million each year.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency pays its existing employees according to the compensation system outlined above. This pay system is prior to taxes and other important deductions.
Regardless of the fact that this agency’s employees earn bonuses and other benefits, the wage structure stated here is the standard pay scale. You should also take into account that the agency can adjust its wage structure at any time or for any reason.
Now that we’ve learned about NIMASA’s salary structure, let’s look at the agency’s functions and employment qualifications. We’ll begin with a brief overview of the agency.
NIMASA: A QUICK OVERVIEW
NIMASA stands for Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, and it is a federal government maritime agency. This is an agency tasked with regulating all events that occur on Nigeria’s seas and rivers. They implement and control all actions, both domestic and international. The Federal Ministry of Transport oversees and regulates this federal agency.
The National Maritime Authority (NMA) and the Joint Maritime Labour Industrial Council merged to form NIMASA in March 2006. The primary regulatory agency has been monitoring the domestication of International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions since its inception. Commercial Shipping and Cobatage operations are also promoted by the agency. Another of their roles is pollution prevention and control in the marine environment. NIMASA plays an important role in maritime safety by ensuring Maritime Safety, Seafarer Standards, and Security, as well as enforcing Shipping Regulation.
FUNCTIONS OF NIMASA
The following is a list of NIMASA’s basic responsibilities.
- NIMASA not just regulates, but also oversees the certification of seafarers and shipping licenses.
- The agency ensures that regulatory and shipping matters pertaining to merchant and seafarer shipping be improved or enhanced.
- The agency also establishes safety requirements and providing marine training to officers who are new to the organization.
- NIMASA provides rescue and maritime search and rescue services on a case-by-case basis.
- The institution also ensures and regulates shipping safety throughout ship building.
- NIMASA also conducts air and coastline surveillance.
- By providing instructions and enforcing norms and guidelines, the agency guarantees that the security measures are followed.
- In addition, the organization protects the environment by preventing contamination in the sea.
- The agency guarantees that the water domain is given the best level of protection possible.
- The agency also makes sure that all port and flag state-related duties are completed.
Moreover, the agency guarantees that local capacity in the monitoring, ownership, and building of ships and other connected amenities is developed or expanded. They do so through developing and enacting policies, programs, and tactics.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AT NIMASA
Do you want to work for a prestigious organization like Nigeria’s Maritime Administration and Safety Agency? Should you need to enroll to the agency in order to be employed, take into account that there are some criteria you must meet. To put it another way, if you don’t meet these standards, your prospects of landing a position at the agency are limited to none.
- You must be under the age of 35 to apply.
- The candidate must be computer literate.
- The requirements and papers listed below must be met.
- The candidate would have to have a degree in engineering or a comparable that is recognizable with the Nigerian Council for Engineering Regulation (COREN).
- Possession of HND, B.Sc, NCE, or OND from a recognised university in regards to the applied job.
- The candidate ought to have up-to-date documents, medical fitness certificates, and certificates that are still valid.
- At least eighteen (18) years of post-graduate professional experience, with a Certificate of Competency (Engineering) from a recognized university.
- NYSC Certificate of Discharge/Exemption
- It is necessary to have a National Diploma (ND) from a recognized institution. Or a certified institution’s National Certificate of Education (NCE).
- The West African School Certificate (WAEC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate is another essential document (SSSC). You can also use the National Examination Council (NECO) or the Ordinary Level of the General Certificate of Education (GCE).
Any further certification, whether postgraduate or professional, is advantageous.
Furthermore, the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency is undoubtedly one of the country’s most important government agencies. They play an important role in the country’s economic growth. As a result, despite some obstacles, the company is recognized as a great place to work.
For additional information, go to www.nimasa.gov.ng, which is NIMASA’s official website. You can as well call their office or pay a visit, if you would like to discover more about the agency’s available positions.