Are you seeking recruitment into the Nigerian Airforce through the short service application, this post will provide useful information on the requirements of the Nigerian Air-force short service, how to apply, the official Nigerian Airforce E-Application recruitment portal/website and the Nigerian Air-force help lines.
The Nigerian Airforce is one of the three military arm of Nigeria and just like the Nigerian Navy and Army, the Nigerian air-force also recruits able-bodied individuals to join the air-force through its short service application portal either as a direct short service course or a short service course. We explained the difference between DSSC and SSC here .
Nigerian Air force Short Service Application Program
The Nigerian Air force short service application is a yearly exercise carried out by the Nigerian Air force to recruit new officers (male and female) into the Nigerian air force.
After filling the form, you would be expected to wait for the list of the successful candidates that would write the Nigerian Airforce short service exam. After the exams, you would have to wait again to know if you are qualified for the screening. Normally, successful names for the Nigerian Airforce training are usually published on popular Nigerian newspapers. You would undergo intensive military training for about 9 months or more if successful
Nigerian Air force Short Service Requirements
There are some general requirements which over the years are used as a yardstick or better still you must met when filling the Nigerian air forceshort service form. Please note that these requirements are subject to change as the ones pointed out below have remained unchanged over the years.
Applicants for the Nigerian Air-force short service must:
- Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive).
- Be between the ages of 18 – 26 years
- Applicants must be single and of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Required height of 1.69 metres for Male and 1.68 metres for Female.
- Be medically and physically fit.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- DSSC applicants must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
Nigerian Airforce Short Service Recruitment Portal and Help Lines
The official portal/website for e-application recruitment into the Nigerian air force short service is http://www.careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng/. Registration is usually free, so, ignore any other website(s) claiming to belong to the Nigerian Airforce for the recruitment exercise.
If you have questions and would need to contact the Nigerian Air-force using email or phone number, below are the contact details
Help Lines/Tel: 08104577415, 08171552055, 08078406568
We will always keep you with up-to-date news or any information concerning the Nigerian Air force DSSC/SSC recruitment