After a few months of unprotected $ex, it is in the best interest of the man to conduct sperm analysis. This is to ascertain the quality of his sperm. The result will let the man know what next to do. If you have just done sperm analysis or a sperm motility test and it suggests that you need a sperm motility treatment as a result of low sperm motility as revealed in the test then this article is for you.
I will attempt to define the two parameters and then gradually link the definitions to how you can improve and provide treatments for low sperm count and low sperm motility.
What is Sperm count?
Sperm count is the concentration of spermatozoa in the semen per ejaculate or a measure of spermatozoa in the semen in an ejaculation.
It is usually expressed as the number of sperm found per milliliter of an ejaculate. It is a measure of man’s fertility.
Many factors contribute to low sperm count ranging from the hot weather, working conditions, careless lifestyles and infrequent $ex.
But in any given sperm analysis, it is not only the count that is measured also measured and equally important is the sperm motility.
What is Sperm Motility?
Sperm motility is the ability of sperm to swim or move. A sperm healthy motility will move progressively forward. While poor sperm motility indicates that the sperm moves sluggishly or in circles. Sperm with poor motility is capable of fertilizing an egg and in most cases find their way out of the vagina as sperm leak.
There are also certain condition that that affects the sperm motility such as physical, genetic which may be to repaired in some cases. Because these two parameters are important for healthy conception, it is important to look at how they can be improved and possibly treated.
The following ways can be very helpful in improving low sperm count and also low sperm motility.
1. Rest – Below are a few definitions of rest.
- the refreshing quiet or repose of sleep: This is like having a sweet good night rest.
- refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor: Such as naps short naps possibly for one hour
- Relief or freedom, especially from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs.
Proper rest helps to maintain a healthy, harmonious and coordinating balance of all the organ in the body. It provides an avenue for the body to enjoy fresh energy with vigor and youthfulness. It creates a platform for productive living and of course boosts and improves sperm health.
Improper rest leads to imbalance of the hormones and body and subsequently can affect negatively the sperm. After the days’ work, it important to have a good rest to create a fresher and youthful you.
2. Improved Diet – Diets play an important role in the quality of your sperm. You are what you eat. Your sperm quality is a function of what you eat. The better your diet the better the quality of your sperm in terms of count and motility. Let your diet include the important vitamins for a healthy sperm.
Eating of green vegetables, water melon, cucumber, avocados and bananas will go along way in improving the quality of your sperm. You can get really creative and have only fruits for breakfast or natural fruit juices for your drinks. Not common but superb for your sperm health. Avoid as much as possible fatty foods and eat more of proteins.
3. Maintain a Healthy weight – Of course, the food you eat plays a role in this. Eat healthily and moderately. Chew a small mouthful slowly per time. This is healthy practice, the moment you are overweight, then you have given yourself something to think about. Also include routine exercises to keep you fit and energetically buoyant.
4. Drink Lots of Water – Water is a superb natural detoxifier, it has the ability to flush out impurities from the body as waste through the waste discharge channels in the body. It also helps to maintain a healthy balance in the body. Toxins hardly thrives on a body that takes and enjoy fresh good water. The less the toxins in your body the healthier you are and the better the quality of your sperm cells.
5. Curb Smoking And Alcohol– If you smoke or take alcohol in large volumes, my advice is that you reduce or totally eliminate it completely. Cases of men who decided to cut out smoking and drinking from their lives went on to have children after many years of trying. Stop for a few days and see how healthy you will feel and be.
6. Use Of Drugs And Supplements – It is not unusual that when a man is infected with infections the sperm count and motility is also affected. This in turn affects the quality of the sperm negatively. Drugs are usually employed to remove infections after they have been detected,but in most cases these drugs turns out to create anti sperm antibodies after use. The infection gone but the sperm still struggle as in most cases they drip out of the vagina after ejaculation.
It is important to take drugs that not only remove traces of infections but promotes count and motility of sperm that will not only swim to the egg but fertilize it.