There are many Nigerians that have graduated and are looking for federal government jobs. Working as an immigration officer is a job that is highly rewarding and is seen as one of the highest paying agencies in the country. This government agency has the responsibility of managing migration into Nigeria.
In other to join the Nigerian Immigration, you have to make an online application to their portal. After been shortlisted for immigration job, you would be invited for a CBT screening test. As a graduate, there are conditions that underline your application for the Nigerian Immigration job.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JOINING NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION AS A GRADUATE
- You must be a holder of SSCE/ NECO/ GCE O/level with a minimum of four credits in not less than two sittings.
- Applicants should have a HND (Higher national diploma) from a recognized institution in Nigeria.
- Applicants can also have a bachelor degree from any recognized Nigerian university
- Every applicant should have an NYSC discharge certificate
- The Nigerian immigration applicant must be a Nigerian as stated by the Nigerian constitution.
- The applicant should also possess the National identity Number
- The Nigerian immigration applicant must pass a drug test, and must not be drug dependent.
- The applicant should present a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital in Nigeria
- The applicant must not be a member of any secret cult/society
- The Nigerian immigration applicant must not be a convict of any crime whether minor or major.
- The NI applicant should fall within the age bracket of 18-30 years, with the exception of pharmacists and doctors who must not be more than 35 years.
- For men, the chest measurement should not be less than 0.87m
- The height requirement for females is 1.60m and that of men is 1.65m
- The Nigerian immigration applicant should be computer literate
- Any certificate that is not accepted or declared in the recruitment center would not be accepted after the recruitment.
There are other job positions that are open in the Nigerian immigrations that do not require graduate requirements. If you are applying for the Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII), then you need to be a graduate with either a HND or a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants for the Nigerian Immigration with any of the following physical challenges need not to apply.
- Bow legs
- Knocked Knees
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Impediment in speech
- Flat foot
- Limb legs
- Amputation of any part of the body
- Defective eyesight
- Impaired hearing
- Bent arms
- Women with pregnancy
- Hunched back.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGERIAN IMMIGRATIONS ONLINE
Using the below listed step-wise guide, you can apply for the Nigerian immigrations online.
- Visit the NIS portal at www.immigratiorecruitment .org.ng
- Navigate through the website and click on immigration recruitment link.
- Click on the apply link on the NIS portal
- Carefully go through all the details and register on the website
- After registration, login into the NIS portal and fill necessary details on the application form.
- Upload the required documents on the NIS portal
- Submit by clicking on the send button and get a printout as this would be used for further screening procedures.
- If your application on the portal was successful, you would receive a notification via email.
NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SALARY STRUCTURE AND RANKS
The foundation of the NIS(Nigerian Immigration service ) can be traced back to the Nigerian Police force. It was spear headed by the immigration department and became independent in 1958. In 1963, the Nigerian Immigration was formally established by an Act of parliament, Cap 171. The current vision of the immigration service is to become a modern, effective and efficient immigration service that boasts of well trained workforce.
THE RANKS OF THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICE
- The comptroller general Immigration service (CGIS)
- The Assistant Comptroller General
- The Assistant Comptrollers
- The Superintendent of immigration
- The Assistant superintendent of immigration
- The Senior Inspector of Immigration
- The Assistant inspector of immigration
- The Immigration Assistant
- The Passport officers
THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SALARY STRUCTURE
For starters/ new recruits, the salary of passport officers is ₦30,000 per month or ₦360, 000 per year. Based on additional allowances accrued, this could rise to ₦400,000 per year.
The overall average salary of an immigration officer is an estimate of ₦2 million yearly.
THE OPERATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICE
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE
This group of the Nigerian immigration service is responsible for promotions, appointments and discipline of immigration staff. They are also involved in staff welfare, training and manpower development
Some of the roles of this arm of the Nigerian immigration service include;
- Making sure that there is a constant update of the nominal roll
- Implementing biometric registration of all officers
- They profer unbiased recommendations for disciplining officers that err.
- They provide administrative support where necessary.
WORKS AND PROCUREMENT DIRECTORATE
As their name implies, they handle the works and procurement. Let us elaborate more about their roles below;
- They maintain infrastructure nationwide
- In accordance to the provisions of the procurement act, they ensure that contracts are duly awarded
- They design projects, execute and monitor them according to specifications
- Finally, they provide logistics and supply.
OPERATIONS AND PASSPORTS DIRECTORATE
This group of the Nigerian Immigration is in charge of Visa/entry permit. They also issue standard passport and other travel documents to Nigerians. Some of their responsibilities include;
- Investigating fraudulently issued passports.
- Implementing multilateral and bilateral agreements
- Keeping a blueprint of Nigerians renouncing their citizenship and making sure that their passports are cancelled.
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the new visa policy
THE FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS DIRECTORATE
There major job is to provide the required financial support required in running the NIS. Some of the other responsibilities of this directorate include;
- Making sure that payment of officers salaries are done on time
- They help in ensuring timely budgeting and Budgetary control
- The Finance and accounts directorate handle all the financial transactions of the service.
- They also keep accurate records of revenue generation.
1 CommentAdd a Comment
please notify me when the application portal is open. Thank you!