How to join the Nigerian Airforce as tradesmen and women, recruitment details for employment, academic/professional qualifications, instructions for application into the Nigerian Airforce is what this post seeks to explain.
The Nigerian Airforce recruitment for tradesmen and women is done on a yearly basis do dole out to qualified and able-bodied Nigerians, recruitment forms for employment and training into the Nigerian Air force academy. This ensures that the general public can have a fair opportunity to join the military.
If you want to apply or are looking for how to obtain the application form for Nigerian Air force recruitment details, this post will be of value to you as the requirements, age and heights and qualifications in which the applicant is expected to meet are:
- The said applicant must be a citizen of Nigerian origin.
- All applicants must be single.
- The applicant must be between the age bracket of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women by 31 March 2016, while those applying as drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years by 31 March 2016.
- All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Minimum height for males is 1.68 meters or 5.5ft and 1.65meters or 5.4ft for females.
The various kinds of training offered at the Nigerian Air Force Academy for successful candidates who applied for non-tradesmen/women and tradesmen/women is usually 6 to 7 months. The qualifications required for each of them includes:
Academic/Professional Qualification For Tradesmen/women
- Applicants must possess the following certificates: OND, NABTEB, RN/RM or City & Guild Certificate.
- Candidates with only Trade Test Certificate are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English.
- Applicants applying as tradesmen/tradeswomen must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit) or other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions.
Note that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force need not apply.
Academic/Professional Qualification For Non-Tradesmen/women
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits with Mathematics and English Language included at not more than 2 sittings obtained.
- Applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
How To Apply
Interested applicants can apply free of charge online at the Nigerian Airforce recruitment portal at www.careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng. The Airforce will not collect money for such registration, so ignore any website or persons that would want to dent the Nigerian Airforce name by collecting money from you. Applicants should print out the following documents after completion of the application online:
a. Local Government Attestation Form.
b. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
The purpose of the applicant’s attestation form would be used to ascertain if the character of such candidate is good and befitting to join the Nigerian Ariforce.
According to the Nigerian Airforce, the applicants attestation form upon download must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and should not be below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms.
The guarantor’s passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence or international passport must be attached. In addition, applicants are to come to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview with the letter of attestation of good character from any of the above ranked officers.
Finally, the applicants shall be required to submit the original copies of the documents at the various recruitment centres and during the final selection interview for verification. Applicants will be required to present the photocopies of the following documents if selected for the zonal recruitment test:
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 4 years to this exercise will not be acceptable).
- Educational and Trade Certificates.
- Form indicating State of Origin or local government identification form.
Please note that if any applicant is suspected during the recruitment process to have impersonated another candidate, or has submitted any false document during the registration or application process, such a candidate will be automatically disqualified from the selection exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal of the affected candidate from the training exercise.
The Nigerian Air Force may also hand over such an applicant to the Police for appropriate legal prosecution as deemed by the law.
5 CommentsAdd a Comment
When will the form for Nigerian air force short service for 2021 be on sale?
please, i will really like to receive notification for this because am highly interested in joining the Nigerian air force.
The Nigerian military do not sell forms for recruitment
Please I want to apply for Nigeria air force
Pls my question is that, what if a person fill the Naf recruitment form with ND certificate and summit it, without indication he is a trade man, I forget to put none trade intead of trade please help me am reply back to me…?
I want to join