If you are looking for information on how to apply for a Nigerian passport online, then you are at the right page. Please note that the old Nigerian passport is no longer valid and cannot be renewed, so holders should renew theirs to continue using the services of the Nigerian passport.
According to the Nigerian Immigration Service portal, the two types of Nigerian passports are official e-passport and standard e-passport. Although there are other types of passports in Nigeria, be aware that it varies from non-indigenes, children to adults e.t.c.
General Documents Required For Interview For Different Types of Nigerian Passport
To obtain either the standard e-passport or the official e-passport, you would be required to bring the following documents for an interview.
For Standard E-passport
- Letter of Identification from your Local Government.
- Your birth certificate or age declaration.
- 2 recent coloured passport-sized photographs.
- Guarantor’s form sworn before a commissioner of Oaths, High Court Judge or Magistrate.
- Your marriage certificate where necessary.
- Letter of consent from parents for minors under the age of 16.
- Police report in case of an application for lost passport
For Official E-Passport
- Letter of introduction from an appropriate Federal Government Ministry, State Government or Organization.
- Marriage certificate where necessary.
- Letter of last promotion or appointment.
- Police report in case of lost passport
How To Apply For A Nigerian Passport Online
After filling the requirements above, then you can proceed to the application process which is usually done online by simply filling an application form on the Nigerian Immigration Portal. Below are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Visit the Nigerian Immigration Portal which is also the official site for the application of Nigerian e-passport https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport. You would need a computer with internet access to apply.
Step 2: Fill the application form on the site by selecting the appropriate e-passport type you want to apply for then click the “Start Application” button.
Step 3: Fill in the details required in the form by provide details that are accurate and verifiable.
Step 4: Check the “I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM” box.
Step 5: Click on the “PRINT BUTTON” to print out the completed form then click on the “SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM BUTTON” where you can see a preview of the form you filled.
Step 6: Making Payments- As seen on the Nigerian immigration website, you can now use any Visa ATM card to make payment by doing the following:
- Click on the button labelled “Proceed to Online Payment,”.
- Select either “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” and then click on “Continue”. If you opt to pay in Naira, you would have to choose any of the payment method from these three options (via bank, e-wallet, credit or debit card)
When your payment is successful, you will be issued with a Validation Number, which should be a confirmation that you have made the necessary payments.
Step 7: Print Form and attend the interview. Take all necessary documents and print outs for the interview.
The renewal fee for the Nigerian passport is from N15,000 to N30,000 as of writing this post. Its best you seek this information from the Immigrations’ office to be on a safer side.
Hope you now understand the requirements and process on how to apply for a Nigerian Passport online. If you have any comments or suggestions, you can comment below.
1 CommentAdd a Comment