Steps on How to apply for Dubai visa in Nigeria, the requirements and procedures for obtaining a visa to Dubai (Tourist, student, business visa) is what this article explains.
Burj Khalifa, that’s the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word Dubai. It is the tallest building in the world. Every other person has one or two things that pops up in his mind anytime he/she hears the mention of the oil rich country.
One general notion about Dubai however is, it is a tourist hub. Dubai is one of those countries that had made judicious use of their oil and had transformed a desert into a lively land. If you want to go there for tourism or other reasons, read this post as it teaches you how to obtain a Dubai visa in Nigeria.
Are You Eligible?
This is the first question that should pop up anytime you think of visiting Dubai. The country is not open to all, you need to meet a requirement before thinking of visiting. So, ask yourself, am I eligible? Check the list below to know your eligibility status. If you don’t meet a minimum of one of the factors below, don’t border applying.
- You need to provide financial record to prove you have the money to live in Dubai. A bank statement for the past 6 months would do with the bank seal and signature (or seal and signature of the company sponsoring your trip). Alternatively, you can make a deposit of $1500 which is refundable upon your return and producing the entry and exit stamp in the UAE.
- You have travelled at least one in the last 2 years to the UAE, United Kingdom, Schengen countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or you hold a valid visa for any of these countries.
- You are also eligible if you were invited by an immediate family member there. however, this is only valid for spouse and children of below 21 years of age and parents above 60 years. However, you will need to produce a letter of invitation and marriage certificate/certificate of birth for spouse and children respectively.
- Students travelling without their parents are also eligible. However, they need to produce an NOC letter from their parents, photo id of their parents and their student ID card and address details of relatives in the UAE.
Required Document To Obtain A Visa
After it is certain you are eligible, you can then start gathering your documents. These includes
- Original and photocopy of your international passport valid for more than 6 months.
- 2 colored passport photograph with your full name written at the back.
- Emirates Airline confirmed ticket
- Copy of the valid CERPAC and residence permit visa (meant for Non-Nigerian indigenes)
- Other documents may be required!
- The Dubai visa application form (Download here: web.archive.org/web/20140801205544/http://dubaivisa.net:80/nigeria/pdf/English_VAF_Nigeria.pdf )
Procedure For Obtaining Dubai Visa
After getting all the documents ready, visit the Dubai visa application centre. It is located at Block 94, plot 23, Providence Street, Lekki – Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos and make your submissions.
You will definitely make payments after doing that, you can now go home and wait to 3-4 working days for your visa to be processed. You can track the status of your visa Here.