Registered Political Parties in Nigeria 2019
According to the body in charge of conducting election and registering political parties, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Nigeria has 30 dully registered political parties and operate a multi-party system.
The popular ones are Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), which is currently the opposition party in Nigeria and the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC).
Below are the List Of Registered Political Parties in Nigeria
- Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) slogan is Power to the People while Uche secondus is the new party national chairman after the just concluded PDP convention.
- All Progressives Congress (APC) slogan is change while Adams Oshiomole is its current national chairman.
- Social Democratic Party (SDP)
- United Democratic Party (UDP)
- Advanced Congress of Democrats (ACD) party national chairman is Ag. Peter Blavo.
- Accord (A) party chairman is Hon. Mohammad Lawal Nalado.
- Independent Democrats (ID)
- Alliance Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN) current national chairman is Alh. Ganiyu O. Galadima.
- African Peoples Alliance (APA) acting chairman is EMMANUEL URHUARHOVIE (ACTING)
- All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) chairman is Dr. Victor Ikechukwu Oye.
- Citizens Popular Party (CPP)
- Action Alliance (AA) current party national chairman is Alhaji Mohammed Abubakar (Acting)
- Democratic Peoples Party (DPP)
- Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC)
- Alliance for Democracy (AD) national chairman is Chief Joseph Avazi
- Kowa Party (KP)
- Labour Party (LP)
- Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN)
- Mega Progressive Peoples Party (MPPP)
- National Conscience Party (NCP)
- New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)
- Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA)
- Peoples Democratic Movement (PDM)
- Fresh Democratic Party (FRESH)
- Hope Democratic Party (HDP)
- Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN)
- United Progressive Party (UPP)
- People For Democratic Change (PDC)
- African Democratic Congress (ADC) national chairman is Chief Ralph Okey Nwosu
30. Youth Democratic Party (YDP) – Not Verified Yet
- Advanced People Democratic Alliance (APDA) slogan is “Stronger Together” and Shitu Mohammed Kabiru is the current chairman of the party
As said earlier, the current ruling party as of writing this post of registered political parties in Nigeria is the APC.
2019 update: There is also a rumour of creating a Mega Party (MPP) and registering it under INEC to contest in 2019. The Mega Political Party is said to consist of breakaway members of both the PDP and APC. The party slogan is yet unknown. Dokpesi and some other former PDP members created a new party with its name as APDA which slogan is “Stand Together”
See the list of 23 new registered political parties registered by INEC
- Advanced Alliance Party
- Advanced Nigeria Democratic Party
- African Action Congress
- Alliance For A United Nigeria
- Alliance Of Social Democrats
- Alliance Nation Party
- Alliance People’s Movement
- Alternative Party Of Nigeria
- Change Nigeria Party
- Congress Of Patriots
- Liberation Movement
- Movement For Restoration And Defence Of Democracy
- Nigeria Community Movement Party
- Nigeria For Democracy
- Peoples Coalition Party
- Reform and Advancement Party
- Save Nigeria Congress
- United Patriots
- United Peoples Congress
- We The People Nigeria
- Yes Electorates Solidarity
- Youth Party
- Zenith Labour Party
INEC has released the time-table for the general election which will hold in February 2019 and candidates like Muhammed Buhari of the APC and Atiku Abubakar of the PDP, Omoyele Sowore, Oby Ezekwesili, etc are all campaigning to win the presidential race.
There are currently 91 registered political parties and their logos according to INEC website and they are: