Uber driving is a ride-hailing business that ensures swift and easy transportation in major Nigerian cities like Lagos. This kind of business allows the use of private cars by registered employees of the company. Be that as it may, to save the quality and standards of the ride-hailing business in the country, there are type of cars that are allowed to be used by Uber riding company. The cars are being screened so as to ensure the safety and security of the passengers. In this article, we will highlight to you the best cars for Uber driving in Nigeria.
CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE REGISTERING YOUR CAR WITH UBER
There are a few variables you need to consider before you choose to register your car for Uber driving company. The most important factors include the following:
- Nature of the car: It’s advisable not to use a risky vehicle for Uber ride-sharing business. Cars of this condition will give you worries over costs and will not be suitable for Uber riding. If it’s not a new car you will use, you have to get a car that is in a good condition. Otherwise, you will risk burning through the entirety of your income and more on the car.
- Fuel efficiency: Since Uber riding is a commercial transport business, it’s preferable to use a car that won’t consume much of your funds on fuel. You would prefer not to utilize a vehicle that consumes much fuel for a ride-sharing business like Uber. Else, you would will end up running loss as a result of the unquenchable fuel demands of your car.
- Cost of maintenance and upkeep: Just like each and every other machine, cars will have maintenance issues when used consistently on a long run. You have to consider the amount it would cost to fix and keep a car prior to putting it up for a ridesharing business like Uber.
Those are the important factors to consider before choosing a car for Uber riding business, however let’s now look at the best cars for this ride-hailing business in the country.
LIST OF 5 BEST CARS FOR UBER RIDING IN NIGERIA
Getting the most out of the Uber driving business will require you having an economic car which won’t waste much of your funds. If you’re contemplating on which car will fits in well, the below guide will be helpful.
The following are top five best cars to use for Uber driving services in the country:
Toyota Corolla is one of the most used cars on Nigerian roads. The major reasons why a lot of people opt for the car is because of it durability, economically oriented, and low-budget. As such, any list of the most used cars in the country will always have this brand of Toyota car featured in. On the whole, Toyota Corolla is maybe, the most liked.
Looking more further, Toyota Corolla has been rated by many people, and a good number of Nigerian working class have shown their affection for this vehicle by often using them. The reasons of that is due to the factors we earlier stated.
Let’s take a gander at how Toyota Corolla is good for Uber riding. The vehicle air-conditioning, ample space, sound system, and powerful engine makes it a top pick for ride-hailing business like Uber.
Also, Toyota Corolla has an extremely great resale value history in Nigeria, which makes it good for this kind of business.
Honda is notable brand of cars that has been in the country for a long time now. Just like Toyota, this brand is also popular in Nigerian streets. One of their products, Honda Accord is a perfect car for Uber riding business. The vehicle is moderate and offers an unbelievable driving experience.
More features of the car include its strength and fuel efficiency which is one of the reasons why Nigerians think that it’s a fitting option in contrast to Toyota products. All of these characteristics of Honda Accord make it an incredible vehicle for Uber riding business in the country.
Camry is another of Toyota long list of car collection. This is another car from the renown automobile manufacturing plants.
Toyota Camry is an exquisite car more like the Corolla. The main reason to legitimize its appearance on this list of best cars for Uber riding is its efficiency.
Moreover, Camry is like other Toyota vehicles in that it doesn’t generally cost a lot to fix and maintain it, making it an ideal car for ride-hailing business. You can get these cars at affordable prices which will save much of your budget to maintain it on the long run.
TOYOTA YARIS (SEDAN)
Looking for a good Sedan to start your Uber riding? Certainly, Toyota Yaris is one of the available options which you can go for. The car is all round good for this kind of road engagement.
Toyota Yaris has a 1.5 liter 4 chamber enhine that puts its fuel usage at an astonishing degree of efficiency. The cost of maintenance is on the safe side for this car, and that this implies more profit. On the whole, Yaris is a solid car for Uber riding business.
The Honda City is another of the company’s car brand in this list. This is an amazing car for ride-hailing business like Uber. It has an energetic petroleum engine, offers comfort and amber space and is perhaps the best ride on this list.
Moreover, the car offers incredible driveability and efficiency with its 100hp, and 1.5-liter diesel engine.
UBER VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS IN NIGERIA
You have comprehend on the best cars for Uber riding, however, which one is ideal for you? To determine that, you have to ensure it meets the Uber vehicle prerequisites in Nigeria.
Your vehicle must meet the following prerequisites:
- The model year should be 2000 or newer
- It should be a 4-door car
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- It should have a working radio
- Your paperwork (vehicle inspection report, Vehicle insurance, Roadworthiness certificate, and a valid Hackney permit).
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
Having a good car is the best you can do to make your Uber riding business go on smoothly. There are many other benefits to this as you’ll get more cash-flow in the event that you choose a car which will minimize your expenses on maintenance.
Nonetheless, if you’re not able to get a brand new car for this business, you can get a good and sound working fairly-used or tokunbo car of the brands we listed above. Before purchasing this kind of cars, it’s advisable to consider some certain factors which we highlighted in the second paragraph of this article.