Overview of What YALI Is All About
The Young African Leaders Initiative, YALI was launched by the United States government initiatives for young Africans as parts of their models and signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
The YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is targeted at young men and women from Africa, West Africa precisely, between the ages of 18 and 35 who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries.
The YALI is set to identify and empower young Leaders through capacity building in aspects of Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership and Public Management for the betterment of their future.
Benefits for Application to YALI
There are reasons you should Apply to the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa – Accra. Benefits for applying include:
1. At the end of the programs, participants will be awarded with certificate and become a member of the YALI Alumni.
2. Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership and prepare them for leadership roles in their various field of endeavors.
3. Participants will acquire and understand modern concepts, policies and practices to effectively manage people.
4. Important to note is that Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all of the information included in the application
Eligibility for Application to YALI
The YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based competition, as such it is open to all young West African leaders who meet the criteria below:
1. Applicants Country:
Candidates wishing to apply must be a citizen and residents of one of the following countries:
2. Sectors Of Interest:
Applicants should have an interest in becoming a leader in the following sectors:
Business and Entrepreneurship
Civil Society Leadership
Public Service Management
3. Applicants Key Characteristics:
Must be 18-35 years of age as at the time of application, must be an African citizen, must have no criminal record, no educational requirement, but are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English. Must have a valid international passport to travel.
For more information, visit the YALI website www.yaliwestafrica.org
6 CommentsAdd a Comment
Good to develop africans leaders
Great job there
Keep up the good work
Thanks for this information
How can I participate in this
This is really educating